- Weak: this business has unsatisfactory performance but an opportunity exists for improvement and it must change or or exit the target market.
- Tenable: this business is performing at sufficiently satisfactory level to warrant continuing in business, but it exists at the sufferance of the dominating company and has a less than average opportunity to improve its position.
- Favorable: this firm has a strength that is exploitable in particular strategies and has more than average opportunity to improve its position.
- Strong: this business can take independent action without endangering its long-term position and can maintain its long-term position regardless of competitor’s actions.
- Dominant: this business controls the behavior of other competitors and has a wide choice of strategic options. This is what Little calls as the Alpha Brand.
Where is your company now? Where do you want it to be?